So, production on 'Cub' started week before last and I'm beginning to really appreciate how hard I've made everything for myself. Keeping track of stripes and whiskers and fingers and toes is proving to be a bit nightmarish...anyway, I think it's do-able.
I had a rushes panel on Monday with the lecturers, and they seemed reasonably positive about the project (if a little concerned about the timeframe I have in which to finish it).
I was struggling with a tiger walk cycle last week, and doing lots and lots of drawings that I just wasn't happy with. One of my tutors, Teagan, suggested that I took some time out and just drew lots of pictures of my tiger character to get more to grips with it, which really helped me nail down the cycle.
Also, the wonderful Jacqui Davis has been hard at work on the backgrounds for the film, and they're just wonderful! Totally perfect...you can see them all here.
All my second years have been doing an excellent job! Elodie has done some designs for the toy tiger the boy plays with at the start of the film (which are here), as well as an amazing piece of animation, and Lauren has been doing some designs for the deer.
I'm getting quite excited now about seeing the project come together, and I'm going to try and keep the blog up-to-date with developments