10 August 2010

RattyRattyRatty!


Alrighty, then! Time for my first proper post!
At the minute, I'm working on the prep work for my first 3rd year project at University. We had to choose one of four possible briefs that we wanted to do, and I decided to follow the 'Realism to anthropomorphism' one. It's pretty self-explanatory, I have to start off with a quadruped of my choice, and animate it behaving in a realistic manner. I then need to seamlessly transition the character into an anthropomorphic biped, and then back again.

I've decided to use a rat as my animal of choice, seen as I have 2 fantastic ones living in my house!
(Lol, see Alonso on the right sitting on top of the log that me and Booth infamously rescued from the canal...) So far I've mostly been concentrating on doing speed drawings and studies of the rats, both from the real things as well as from photos when I'm in Newcastle. I have a vague idea for the animation itself, but only really that it'll involve a rat in a waistcoat- and possibly a top hat- at some point. I feel as though it's more important at this stage for me to focus on thoroughly getting to grips with drawing the rats, before I get into storyboarding and what have you.

I've posted some of the drawings I've done so far for your viewing pleasure ;)
Hopefully later on this week I'll scan some of my more 'developmental drawings' and post them up too.




Hopefully I'll be posting again before the week is over,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I really like the angular shapes of the rat they make him quite interesting . Can't wait to see him develop ..... and now I've just remembered how my lizard is still the basic stages of conception. aahhhhh must get drawing O_O

    ReplyDelete